Monday, June 27, 2011

I wrote TWO WHOLE SENTENCES this weekend.

  The title says it all.  I wrote two....count 'em......TWO sentences during this weekend.  Does this make me suck?  Probably, but lets pretend it does not.  YAY IMAGINATIONS!

  So, Saturday consisted of a New Orleans trip, a return home, and a wonderful amount of drinking in the evening.  I am currently out of beer. Boo to that.  Sunday was an extreme sleep-in day.  Followed by an afternoon breakfast and an intense night-time session of TF2 along with the watching of Freaky Eaters.

  As you can see, I did not have much time to work on my book.  Apparently though, I had enough time to write TWO sentences.  Yes, I will continue to capitalize TWO until it doesn't annoy me anymore.

  Time to mix things up......


  TWO SENTENCES.

  Yay.

    Witness the riveting writing that is my two sentences:

"To me this is an omen, either magic has a thought process, which is highly doubtful or, more likely, each person reacts differently to it; this situation warrants more study.  Perhaps Shaw has a different take on the matter."

  Compelling shit, no?  I gets all my ideas from my big 'ol head.

  Well, whatever, its not a key moment in the book nor is it the best thing ever.  Though I'm having a hard(er) time then i thought i would writing from point A to point B, so to speak.  Part of me knows I should get the basic premise down, then add the detail.....but part of me wants to add detail as I go.  I'm doing both which is odd to me, usually I find a method and stick with it.

  On one hand I want to fill in the detail NOW and have instant gratification when I'm reading it back to myself.....but I know if I fill the detail in now,  I'll be harsher on myself later during editing.
  
  On the other hand,  I want to get the basic premise down to then continue on to editing and adding detail and such........but I know if I start shooting for basic, I will end up writing an outline, which would probably help me in planning but not in actually writing.

  BAH!  Right now, I just want to finish Chapter two and move on to the next, though I don't think the shit will hit the fan until around Chapter 7-9.  In that case, I believe the first six chapters will be the toughest.

  Until next time.

1 comment: